Monday, December 15, 2008

Schools Out So It's to MeMe's House



Well, we had our first day out of school because of the weather so Jacob and Lauren spent the day with MeMe and PaPa. When Trista brought them to the house this morning she brought Lauren in and was on her way back out to the car to get Jacob only to find that he had already gotten out by himself. He is always reminding us that he is a big boy. Well it wasn't icy at their house like it was here so when he got to the sidewalk he took a little tumble. His first comment was, "I'm OK but that sure is slick." After they had donuts and orange juice for breakfast I told them that it was time for their bath but Lauren wanted me to first turn on the heater in the bathroom. They love MeMe's bathroom heater in the winter. I guess they no longer put heaters in the bathrooms when they build new houses these days. While in the bathtub they both had to be alligators. Jacob wanted to get out first so he could watch cartoons, then it was Lauren's turn. She usually takes a little longer because of fixing the hair, putting LOTS of lotion on and then setting in front of the mirror for a while. I guess it's a girl thing. We then went into the living room and she wanted to watch something different (of course) so we got out the little DVD player so that she could watch "Elmo's Christmas Countdown" while my little OCD grandson lined all of his 200+ cars up and kept telling me to watch him turn "fwips." They have to all be facing the same way, same colors together, etc. Lauren tried helping her brother but that didn't go well. He kept suggesting to her that she go watch another movie. We had homemade chicken and noodles for lunch and then it was nap time. I took Lauren to my bed and PaPa and Jacob were going to nap in the living room (which didn't happen.) Jacob came to my room a dozen times and then would leave needless to say Jacob nor PaPa got a nap. It took her a little while to fall asleep since she only likes her bed. She took her socks off and then would put them back on several times. She would whisper things to me since I had my eyes closed pretending to be asleep, finally when I turned the other way she decided to go to sleep. We had a little success on potty training today. Then only things is she is telling us when she needs to poop but not pee. But I would much rather change a peepee diaper than a poopoo diaper. We really have to watch though because if we are not careful she will have the whole roll of toilet paper used before we know it. I think Jeremy spent part of today fixing a clogged stool because of her putting so much toilet paper down the stool. I already know that schools are closed again tomorrow but I might just have Jacob since Lauren usually spends Tuesday's with NaNa. I love the time I get to spend with all of my grandbabies.

No comments: