Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold Outside but Warm in MeMe's Bafwoom



Another day spent with Lauren and Jacob since school was out. I think today it was just because of the wind chill although the streets are still slick in the neighborhood. Got everyone fed with sausage patties, doughnuts and orange juice and it was time for the morning bath. By the way the doughnuts and orange juice is what Trista picks up on the way to MeMe's house, I do have more nutritional things to fix them. LOL I was trying to get a good picture of Jacob smiling but the only time he was smiling was when he was splashing the water in his sister's face and I didn't want to get my camera wet.

I had a dentist appt. today to get my teeth cleaned so before I left I got Lauren to sleep on my bed and Jacob was coughing his head off so I gave him some Dimetap (because his PaPa took all of his Benedryl) thinking I was killing two birds with one stone. One for the cough the other to make him sleepy and take a nap. Well guess what? Dimetap makes him climb the walls and ceiling. Mike said that Lauren woke up about 15 minutes after I left (whatever) so when I got back about 2 hours later he was a little frustrated. :(

I did get to video Lauren singing her songs today. "Row, Row, Row Your Boat, ABC's, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." On a couple of them we got to hear them twice cause she would say, "One more time MeMe." It turned out really good. Jacob and Lauren also sang "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" but the Dimetap kept him from standing still. I will go to Wal Mart tomorrow to restock on the Benedryl, hide it from PaPa, and will never again buy Dimetap. I sure hope that we are back in school tomorrow. Even if I don't have the GRANDbabies Mike is driving me crazy being home all day since being laid off last Thursday from his job, yes, two weeks before Christmas. :( We are keeping our faith in God that he will be back to work REAL soon. We know that he got the job because it was God's will in the first place and we are keeping the faith that the lay off will not be for long. He really enjoys the job and the people that he works with. He doesn't feel good ;( and we all know how much worse it is for a man to be sick.

No comments: