Sunday, May 17, 2009

Roaring River Has Just Begun 2009

Like father like son, except Jacob doesn't look as into it as Jeremy. Don't you just love Jacob's little fishing vest? Even if he doesn't fish he wants a fishing permit to hang on the back of his vest. We bought him a hat our first trip to Roaring River this year but he won't wear it because it doesn't have a big hook on the bill of the hat like PaPa's. So we will be purchasing one on our next trip which will hopefully be at the end of this week, Memorial Day weekend. If I didn't have to work 3 days after Memorial Day I would be staying for a couple of weeks. Darn snow days that we have to make up. ;(


Jacob talked his Daddy into helping him look for crappie heads (crawdads). They did finally find one as you can see. I would have rather had the crawdad in my trailer instead of the lizard they found. I looked in his little bug keeper that we keep in the trailer for lightning bugs and there was a lizard in it. Might I say it could have gotten out since the lid does not lock shut, so I talked him into letting it go.

There is a park in the resort for the kids to play at. Kylee and Katie are a BIG help with Lauren. They take her to the park and keep her entertained. They always try to do things that Lauren can do with them. I am glad that they have a good time when they are together.


Trista and Jacob went fishing with Jeremy so she decided to take some scenic pictures of Jacob. I really don't care for the one of him looking over the edge of the cliff. The one of him by the waterfall is good but they came back to the trailer and Jacob had nothing but his wet underwear on. Well, guess what!!! Jacob fell into the freezing cold water and thank God he grabbed a tree root and held on until his Mom could grab him. I am just glad I wasn't there when it happened. Trista is always telling me to keep my eye on him when we are around the water. I'm just glad that it happened when he was with her and not with MeMe. We have a wonderful time together with family and friends when we go to Roaring River. It is such a relaxing place to be.

No comments: